What does a Bodyshop Manager do?
Day-to-day responsibilities of a partner may consist of:
- Effective management of the dealership’s bodyshop function, meeting and exceeding all KPIs
- Maximising the use of all available resources to ensure the department is run in the most effective manner
- Delivering a positive customer experience
- Anticipating and identifying customer needs, meeting and exceeding them
- Working with customers to the highest ethical and professional standards to build long-term profitable relationships
- Demonstrating exceptional product knowledge and communicating this appropriately with customers
- Identifying opportunities for reducing waste/inefficiency or improving quality
- Finding opportunities to manage, coach and develop colleagues
- Identifying and recruiting new talent
Here is a video which also explains more about a bodyshop manager’s role, from the Institute of the Motor Industry:
What key skills should a Bodyshop Manager have?
The key skills that will likely be needed for this role include:
- Technical competence e.g. NVQ, ATA of HFC
- Leadership/management skills
- The ability to coach and develop others
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Self motivated
What qualifications will I need to be a Bodyshop Manager?
- A full, valid driving license
- Previous experience thriving in a bodyshop role
- Ideally, management experience
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
How much does a Bodyshop Manager earn?
The starting salary for a bodyshop manager is usually around £30,000.
The average salary for a bodyshop manager is £42,170.42, according to 2019 InAutomotive data.
Below, you can see the regional average salaries for bodyshop managers:
We recently caught up with Charlie Svensson to discover 10 habits you need to be a successful car salesman. This is what he said: "Selling a car does not just involve sitting in a dealership yard and waiting for customers to trickle in, but you need extra...
We recently caught up with Carmen Saunders to discover if now is the right time to buy a car. This is what they said: "At this point in time, buying a car might be furthest from people’s minds, what with the world still in the throes of a pandemic. Europe, in...
We recently caught up with SleepDog Mattresses to discover how to sleep better in a motorhome or campervan. This is what they said: "Whether you go on holiday in the United Kingdom or you tour Europe, there are many things you can do to make your experience in...